1. Which is the only animal in the world with 4 knees?
2. If you were on the edge of the Sea of Tranquility where would you be?
3. In which decade was Queen Elizabeth II born?
4. The theme music to which US TV show is entitled “Suicide is Painless”
5. Which country won Saturday’s Eurovision Song Contest?
6. Linus Torvalds from Finland developed which open-source operating system?
7. Bernard Sumner is the lead singer of which group?
8. Which newspaper do Clark Kent & Lois Lane work for?
9. Who is the author of the Argentine comic strip Mafalda?
10. Which country is car manufacturer Volvo from?
1. Which is the largest fish in the world?
2. How old is Cristina Kirchner?
3. Death Valley is in which US State?
4. How is the bell in Saint Stephen’s Tower in London better known?
5. In Trivial Pursuit which category awards a Green Piece of Pie?
6. How is musician Robert Zimmerman better known?
7. Which hand beats which in Poker, a Full-House or a (non-straight) Flush?
8. How many deputies sit in the Argentine Chamber of Deputies?
9. Which canal, opened in 1869, is also known as the Highway to India?
10. How is the number 10 written in binary?
Round3a – 80s Opening Lines
1. I got my first real six-string Bought it at the five-and-dime
2. We’re no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I
3. Sometimes I feel I’ve got to run away I’ve got to get away
4. Last night I dreamt of San Pedro Just like I’d never gone, I knew the song
5. You wake up late for school man you don’t wanna go
Round3b – 80s Events – name the year
6. Space Shuttle Challenger explodes 73 seconds after takeoff; Prince Andrew marries Sarah Ferguson; an explosion occurs at the Chernobyl nuclear plant in the Soviet Union causing more than $7bn worth of damage and killing 1000s of people
7. Korean Air flight 007 is shot down by Soviet fighters after is entered their airspace; Ronald Reagan launches the Star Wars Missile Defence program; rock group Kiss make their first public appearance without makeup
8. Paraguay’s dictator Stroessner is overthrown; The Exxon Valdez runs aground in Alaska spilling 11million gallons of oil; Checkpoints on the Berlin Wall are opened and the wall is torn down by Berliners
9. The Apple Macintosh is launched; France wins the Euro Football Championship, beating Spain 2-0 in the final; The single Do They Know It’s Christmas is released to raise funds for famine relief in Ethiopa
10. The Winter Olympics in Calgary, Canada take place; George HW Bush wins the US Presidential Elections in November
1. By what name are musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo & Thomas Bangalter collectively known?
2. Which Apollo mission first landed on the moon? Apollo 9, 11 or 13?
3. The winter sports resort of Banff is in which country?
4. Which Shakespeare play is referred to as “The Scottish Play”?
5. What is the callsign of the Argentine President’s official plane?
6. After which animal are the Canary Islands named?
7. Which novel, published in 1962 has a main character called Alex and is written in a slang version of English called Nadsat?
8. Which does the Beaufort scale measure?
9. Which US river is currently experiencing severe flooding?
10. Between which 2 cities is the busiest air route in the world, based on number of flights?
1. Yellowstone National Park is largely situated in which US state?
2. Which animal features on the label of a bottle of Bacardi rum?
3. Bariloche is in which Argentine province?
4. Which sport did Canadian James Naismith invent in 1891?
5. Which is Homer Simpson’s favourite brand of beer?
6. Charles Lindbergh was the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic in 1927 – what was his plane called?
7. Which company did Microsoft buy last week for $8.5bn?
8. True or False – Paul Macartney’s first name is James
9. Which island was previously known as Formosa?
10. How many countries share a land border with Colombia?
Tiebreak if needed
How many stations are served by the London Underground Transport System?