1. Who are the current women’s Football World Cup holders?
2. The city of Saigon is now known as what?
3. How is the drug MDMA better known?
4. Which is the main city on the island of Oahu?
5. In which European city is the Prado art gallery?
6. In meteorology, what does the term “pluvial” refer to?
7. In sport, what measures 8 feet by 8 yards (2.4m x 7.2m)?
8. Which is the only planet in the Solar System whose name is not derived from Greek or Roman mythology?
9. In which book and film do the Oompa Loompas appear?
10. With which Indian city is Mother Theresa associated?
World Capitals – of which country are the following capital cities?
Round3 – The Christmas Round
1. Which famous comic actor died on Christmas Day in 1977?
2. Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean is a territory of which country?
3. The Grinch stole Christmas – what colour is he?
4. In which fictional land is it “always Winter, never Christmas”?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Santa’s reindeer; Dancer, Dasher, Duster or Donner?
6. In which country is it believed a character called Krampus travels with Father Christmas punishing naughty children?
7. In which language does Milad Majid mean Merry Christmas?
8. True or False, in the 17th Century the British Parliament made celebrating Christmas an illegal act?
9. The evening of 5th January, marking the end of Christmas is also known as what?
10. Which actor played Scrooge in the Muppet Christmas Carol?
Take the first letter of each answer to come up with the name of a festive character
1. Oriya, Marwari & Hakka are examples of what?
2. Alexander the Great was taught by which famous Greek philosopher?
3. Super G is a discipline in which sport?
4. Which city was previously named New Amsterdam?
5. Which book and film tells the story of a group of heroin addicts in Edinburgh?
6. Who was the Roman God of Love?
7. Which group had a hit in the early 80s with Stand and Deliver?
8. In the Argentine film of the same name what are the “9 Reinas”?
9. Clint Eastwood has won an Oscar for Best Director twice, for Million Dollar Baby and which other film?
10. In which George Orwell novel does the phrase “2 legs bad, 4 legs good” appear?
1. Which is the 5th largest country in the world after Russia, Canada, China & the US?
2. Name 3 of the 5 tastes a human tongues can detect
3. By which name is the Maid of Orleans better known?
4. Which actor plays Hooper the marine biologist in the film Jaws?
5. Which national rugby team plays (or used to) home games at Landsdowne Road?
6. Which desert covers most of the western part of Botswana and spreads in South Africa?
7. Which song opens with the lines, “Now, look at them yo-yos, that’s the way you do it – play the guitar on the MTV”?
8. According to the 2010 Census, after Buenos Aires Province which is the most populous in Argentina? Cordoba, Santa Fe or Capital Federal?
9. Which US President ordered the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan?
10. Only once has a non-European team won a World Cup help in Europe – in which decade did this happen?
2. Ho Chi Minh City
7. A football goal
9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. Nigeria (replaced Lagos in 1991)
1. Charlie Chaplin
6. Austria (accept Germany)
9. Twelfth Night
10. Michael Caine
4. New York
7. Adam & the Ants
10. Animal Farm
2. Sweet, Salty, Sour, Umami & Bitter
3. Joan of Arc
4. Richard Dreyfus
7. Money for Nothing – Dire Straits
8. Cordoba (3.2m)
9. Harry S Truman
10. 1950′s (58 – Brasil won in Sweden)