Posted by Sam Kelly | Feb 12, 2019 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
by Sam Kelly | Feb 12, 2019 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
March means carnival time in Buenos Aires, but there’s no need to worry about missing out on...
by Sam Kelly | Jan 15, 2019 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Summer burns on in Buenos Aires, but there’s relief in sight in February, for the oasis...
by Sam Kelly | Jan 11, 2019 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
A new year has begun, but plenty of things remain the same – and one of those things is that the...
by Sam Kelly | Dec 7, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The final month of the year is here, but before you all gather to eat midnight asado prior to your...
by Sam Kelly | Nov 6, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Quizmaster Sam is on holiday this month, but the BA Pub Quiz show must go on, and to that end...
by Sam Kelly | Sep 27, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The October pub quiz is a little earlier than normal, because I’m off on holiday for a few...
by Sam Kelly | Sep 4, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Is it September already? So it is! The monthly festival of trivia which is the Buenos Aires Pub...
by Sam Kelly | Aug 12, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
As the days start to get noticeably longer and spring feels just around the corner in Buenos...
by Sam Kelly | Jul 16, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
The Independence Day celebrations last Monday mean the July quiz moves to the third Monday of the...
by Sam Kelly | Jun 10, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
As we approach the bleak Buenos Aires midwinter, why not head down to La Cigale for a dose of...
by Sam Kelly | May 13, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
Autumn has well and truly set in, but nothing can keep you dry and warm like a fine overcoat made...
by Sam Kelly | Apr 7, 2018 | Quiz Nights | 0 |
A quarter of the year has already gone, and another Buenos Aires Pub Quiz is upon us. We’ll...
The results of last night's BA Pub Quiz are up! Cat's Whiskers pipped Quizzly Bears by just half a point to get 2019 off to a thrilling start, so well done them and better luck next month to everyone else! We shall reconvene for the February quiz on the 11th of next month. ... See more
The first BA Pub Quiz of 2019 was a well-attended affair in which I was told we’ve made it into the new edition of the Lonely Planet guide to Argentina! Cat’s Whiskers won by just half a point from… ... See more
We have a venue for the Brain Of Football quiz! Sam invites anyone interested (well, up to six of you, and one spot is already taken) to join him in his living room on Wednesday evening next week to take part in this one-off written quiz from the people behind the Americas Quiz Circuit, Hot 100 and the World Quizzing Championship. £7.50 entry fee (or whatever the equivalent of that in pesos is come next Wednesday) plus a small share of the printing costs to give to Ale. Bring your own bottle/cans. ... See more
Brain Of Football 2018
Think you know football? Then we have the quiz for you! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, we proudly present ‘Brain of Football 2018’.
This is a quiz of two halves, each of 45 minutes. It kicks off on Saturday 9 June and the final whistle will be blown at midnight UK time on Sunday 17 June. Proctors have been contacted to see if they’d like to run a leg of the quiz, so keep an eye on https://quest.quizzing.com for venues to appear. If there’s not one near you, drop us a private message and we’ll see if we can help.
The papers are split into six genres of 40 questions each with no tie-breaks:
• FIFA’s World Cups: covering qualifying and finals tournaments of the FIFA World Cups and FIFA Women’s World Cups. All aspect, players, matches, records, venues, etc.
• Domestic Football: history, events, and competitions in national leagues and knock out competitions around the world. This obviously focusses on domestic club competitions, including amateur level.
• The Game: laws and rules, history and development, records, paraphernalia, referees and technology, agents, scandals, etc.
• International Football: all aspects of cross-border competition (FIFA’s two World Cups aside) involving clubs and national teams – regional contests like the Euros and Copa America.
• Football Clubs: famous amateur and professional clubs, their origins, history, stadia, kit, badges and logos, mottos.
• Football in the Community: football as portrayed in the media, song, music, interaction and impact on society at large, celebrity supporters and endorsements, grass roots supporters and ultras.
Cost of entry is £7.50/player (plus a share of any venue hire if there is any). ... See more