1. In which Colombian city did Tango God Carlos Gardel die in a plane crash in 1935?
2. If you where walking down the Rieperbahn, in which city would you be?
3. How many times has a non-European country won the World Cup?
4. The Perito Moreno Glacier is in which Argentinian Province?
5. How old was Kurt Cobain when he died?
6. The Dakar Rally finished last week in Buenos Aires – Argentinian Alejandro Patronelli came first in which class of vehicle? Cars, Motorbikes, Trucks or Quads?
7. The original Dakar Rally finished in Dakar – in which country is it?
8. What type of musical instrument is a Fender Stratocaster?
9. Who was on the British throne when World War II broke out?
10. Who is the current CEO of Microsoft?
Round 2 – Capitals
1. What is the capital of Australia?
2. The 3 highest capitals in the world are in South America – name them
3. Which national capital has the highest population?
4. The river Danube runs through 4 European Capitals – name 1 of them.
5. What is the capital of Nepal?
6. True or False – New York was capital of the USA before Washington DC was chosen.
7. What is the capital of Switzerland?
8. How many mayors has London had since 2000?
9. The Forbidden City is a palace in the centre of which Asian capital city?
10. Of which fictional country is Emerald City the capital?
Round 3 – Take the first letter of each answer and rearrange them to make a US city name
1. The dictator of which African country fled into exile last week after 23 years in power?
2. Bruce Dickinson is the lead singer of which heavy metal group?
3. On which day of the week did Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbour take place?
4. Alan Garcia Perez is President of which South American country?
5. In which sport is 300 a perfect score?
6. What name was given to German submarines in World War 2?
7. Who grew up at Number 4 Privet Drive in Little Whinging?
8. Complete the title of the Oscar Wilde novel, A Picture Of Dorian ____
9. Which Mexican town is just across the US border from San Diego?
10. Thom Yorke is the lead singer of which English group?
1. What type of rain did Prince sing about in 1984?
2. Which character is the heroine of the Tomb Raider games and films?
3. Which film won the best movie at last night’s Golden Globe Awards?
4. What is the Greek word for fire?
5. Name the 5 boroughs of New York City (half point for each)
6. Who was the youngest Beatle?
7. True or False, the Spanish National Anthem has no official lyrics
8. Which herb is usually used as the main ingredient in pesto?
9. The colours of which national flag were taken for the colours of Boca Juniors?
10. On which Buenos Aires avenue is the Palacio Barolo?
1. In which computer game did the Italian Plumber Mario first appear?
2. From which country is the singer Shakira?
3. Who wrote the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?
4. In the Steve Carrell film of the same name, he is a 40 year-old what?
5. How many Disney theme parks are there in the world?
6. Which team has won the European Cup / Champions League the most times since 1955?
7. In which country is the westernmost point in Africa?
8. If you were suffering from tinnitus, what would be wrong with you?
9. In which year did the Titanic sink?
10. With 2 dice which number are you most statistically likely to throw?
Click here for the answers…