1. How many US Presidents are carved into Mount Rushmore?
2. True or False: Actor Keanu Reeves is also a professional stamp dealer
3. What is the name of the currency used in Paraguay?
4. Robert Shaw, Roy Scheider & Richard Dreyfuss all star in which 1970s blockbuster movie?
5. Since its inception in 1903, which team has won Baseball’s World Series the most?
6. Which country is the world’s largest coffee producer?
7. Which is the largest island in the Mediterranean?
8. What is each cat owned by the Simpsons called?
9. What is the more common name for the disease called Lockjaw?
10. What do the letters DVD stand for?
1. The Secret Police of which country were known as the Tonton Macoute?
2. Writing the numbers from 1 to 100, how many times would you write the number 9?
3. From which country does the beer Stella Artois originate?
4. Ed Simons and Tom Rowlands are better known as Brothers. Which ones?
5. Who scored the winning goal in Spain’s 1-0 win in the 2010 World Cup Final?
6. The mandible is part of which body part?
7. Who lives in the Hundred Acre Wood?
8. 5 western european countries border only one other country. Name 2 of them
9. In Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, who is the factory’s owner?
10. What is the main ingredient in a Daiquiri?
Opening lines from 90s songs
1. Load up on guns, bring your friends
2. Do you have the time, to listen to me whine
3. I like big butts and I can not lie
4. Born within an hour of each other My mother said we could be sister and brother
5. We are young, we run green
The 90s – Name the year:
6. President Clinton goes on US TV and announces “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”; The movie Titanic wins a record 11 Oscars; Hugo Chavez elected President of Venezuela; Musician and Photographer Linda McCartney dies
7. A bomb explodes in the basement of the World Trade Centre in New York, killing 6 people; Miguel Indurain wins the Tour de France for the 3rd time; Argentina passes a law shortening the presidential term to 4 years and removing the requirement for the president to be Catholic; Pablo Escobar killed in Medellin, Colombia
8. First McDonald’s opens in Moscow; Margaret Thatcher steps down as UK Prime Minister; Tim Berners-Lee creates the first ever webpage; Actress Greta Garbo dies
9. Schindler’s List wins 7 Oscars including Best Picture; the Channel Tunnel between France & England opens; Kurt Cobain shoots himself at his home in Seattle
10. The Columbine High School massacre takes place with 12 students being killed; Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace is released; Manchester United are the first team to win the Treble – the English Premier League, the FA Cup and the Champions League in the same season. Film director Stanley Kubrick dies;
1. Which European capital is situated on the river Liffey?
2. In which city is author & playwright Oscar Wilde buried?
3. Which city was the intended destination for the Titanic?
4. In which US city is Alcatraz?
5. In which European city is the headquarters of the World Health Organisation?
6. If the capital cities of the following countries were listed alphabetically, which would come first; Chile Cuba, Estonia, Portugal?
7. In which Scottish city is the book & film “Trainspotting” based?
8. Which city is capital of the Entre Rios province?
9. Canaletto is famous for paintings of London & which other European city?
10. In which US city did Johnny Cash sing about killing a man just to watch him die?
1. By which name was pirate Edward Teach better known?
2. The phrase “Oh my God, they killed Kenny” comes from which TV show?
3. In video games what do the letters GTA stand for?
4. In Greek mythology which name is given to the creature that is half man half bull?
5. Which country was the first to successfully defend a World Cup title?
6. Travelling from Constitución to Retiro on Subte line C which station is the first stop?
7. What are the periods of play in a polo match called?
8. Which is the fastest animals on two legs?
9. Quoted as a number from 0 to 16,000,000 what does the Scoville scale measure?
10. Which film tells of the adventures of a couple who have 3 children called Violet, Dash & Jack-Jack?
Tie Break: In which year did MacDonald’s sell the first Big Mac?