1. Roger Waters, currently playing 9 sold out nights in Buenos Aires was a founding member of which British group?
2. Which actor played Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in the 2011 film The Social Network?
3. Magnum, Jereboam & Methuselah are all sizes of what?
4. The headquarters of the IMF are in which city?
5. Which country is the largest producer of copper in the world? Zambia, China or Chile?
6. Tim Rice wrote the lyrics for the musical Evita, who wrote the music?
7. Originating in Japan and used to ward off bad luck, what is a Maneki Neko?
8. Swimmer Ian Thorpe, who won 6 Gold Medals in the 2000 Olympics is from which country?
9. A dirk and a kukri are both types of what?
10. What is the currency of Peru?
1. Line A of the Buenos Aires Subte allows transfer to all other main lines except which one?
2. The Gharial (Gavial), native to India is a type of which animal?
3. How many miners were trapped and later freed from the San Jose mine in Copiapó in Chile in October 2010?
4. Beluga & Ossetra are types of which food?
5. In the film The Big Lebowski which is the favourite sport of the main characters?
6. Sergei Bubka is well known in which athletics event?
7. Artist and author Hergé created which comic book hero?
8. In 1995 which dance did Los Del Rio introduce to the world?
9. Accounting for approximately 75% of all chemical mass, which is the most abundant element in the universe?
10. Which animal, related to the giraffe yet striped like a zebra, was unknown to science until its discovery in Africa in 1901?
Always a favourite – it’s the Capitals Round!
1. Ashgabat is the capital of which ex-Soviet country?
2. There are 3 countries in South America in which the capital city is not the largest city by population. Name 2 of them.
3. What is the capital of Mozambique?
4. Rio Gallegos is the capital of which Argentine Province?
5. Which European capital city is on the river Spree?
6. Which city was the capital of the Incan Empire?
7. Which South American capital is served by El Dorado airport?
8. The capital of which country is often referred to as DF?
9. Which European capital contains an independent country within it?
10. Vaduz is the capital of which European country?
1. Supporters of which Buenos Aires football team are campaigning to return to their ground in the Boedo area of the city?
2. In which city were the 1984 Summer Olympics held?
3. Based on the total number of visitors in a year, which museum is the most popular in the world? British Museum in London, The Louvre in Paris or the Metropolitan Museum in New York?
4. Who won Best Actress at the 2012 Oscars?
5. By area, in which country is the largest UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world?
6. What was Che Guevara’s first name?
7. In which Argentine province was Che Guevara born?
8. In which country is he buried?
9. Which grain was known as “Mother of all Grains” by the Incas?
10. After Brazil which country has the largest percentage of the Amazon Rainforest?
1. In which Buenos Aires building would you find the Salon de los Pasos Perdidos?
2. The Azores are part of which European country?
3. What is the name for the line drawings found in the desert in Peru that are best seen from the air?
4. Which famous sculpture of a woman has no arms?
5. Which letter is represented by dot-dot-dot in morse code?
6. The middle-eastern dish Baba Ganoush, is made primarily from which vegetable?
7. Who was killed in Operation Neptune Spear in Pakistan in May of last year?
8. The first book of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium was recently made into a film starring Daniel Craig and Mara Rooney – what is it called?
9. The rebel group known as The Contras were active in which Central American country throughout the 1980s?
10. In which series of science fiction movies is the main character a computer hacker named Thomas Anderson?
1. Pink Floyd
2. Jesse Eisenberg
4. Washington DC
6. Andrew Lloyd Webber
7. Waving Cat statue
10. (Nuevo) Sol
1. Line B (red)
6. Pole Vault (salto con pertiga)
2. Bolivia, Ecuador & Brasil
4. Santa Cruz
9. Rome (Vatican City)
1. San Lorenzo
2. Los Angeles
3. The Louvre
4. Meryl Streep
5. Great Barrier Reef, Australia
7. Santa Fe (Rosario)
1. Congreso Nacional
3. Nazca Lines
4. Venus de Milo
6. Aubergine / Eggplant
7. Osama Bin Laden
8. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
10. The Matrix